Use a gentle pH-neutral liquid detergent for delicate fabrics. No bleaching product, no powder detergent.
30°C machine wash
Wash me inside-out in the washing machine in a mesh laundry bag at a maximum of 30°C, delicate cycle, setting the spin cycle to the minimum.
Wash me by hand inside-out in cold water without soaking me for too long, no twisting or wringing.
Iron me inside-out on the lowest heat setting or you can gently steam it to remove wrinkles.
I am dry-cleanable but trichloroethylene should never be used.
Do not tumble dry
Do not place me in the tumble dry.
Do not bleach
No bleaching products.
Air dry me flat without exposing me to sunlight.
Any questions Doll? We got you!
Silk is a natural and very delicate fabric that requires as much love and care as you can give. We recommend hand-washing your Silc® pillowcase to maximize its softness, shininess and to ensure its longevity.
Handwash your pillowcase by following the 7 steps below:
1. Fill a clean sink or basin with cool water with a few drops of pH-neutral liquid detergent formulated for silk (about one teaspoon of detergent per sink basin).
2. Optional: add ½ cup of distilled white vinegar to the cool water; this will help remove any residue collected on the silk fibers and leave it silky smooth.
3. Turn your silc® pillowcase inside-out and immerse until it's fully saturated with water.
4. Do not scrub the fabric, do not twist or wring it but gently remove the stains if any.
5. Rinse thoroughly with cold water.
6. Don't wring to dry, but press the fabric gently between your hands. Lay the pillowcase on a clean, white towel and gently roll up the towel to remove excess water.
7. Hang up your Silc® pillowcase to air-dry or simply dry flat, away from direct heat sources or direct sunlight. Avoid using clips to hang it, as the clips will imprint on the fabric.
Enjoy your beauty sleep Doll!
Traditionally, silk is hand-washable only. However, our Silc® products are of the highest quality (6A, 22 momme) and are also machine washable. Please remember that silk is a natural and delicate fiber that requires excellent love and care.
Machine-wash your pillowcase by following the 6 steps below:
1. Place your Silc® pillowcase in the washing machine with other silk items in similar colors.
2. Turn your Silc® pillowcase inside-out and place it in a protective mesh bag to prevent pulls in the fabric.
3. Only use a pH-neutral liquid neutral detergent designed for silk. Do not use powder detergents, bleach, enzymes, and brighteners.
4. Optional step: Add ½ cup of distilled white vinegar to the detergent dispenser; this will help remove any residue collected on the silk fibers and leave it silky smooth.
5. Run the machine on a delicate cycle, the temperature at 30 degrees or below, on the lowest or no spin program; slightly above 30 degrees may change the silk significantly. The safest method if your machine doesn't specify the exact heat settings is either cold or just one level above cold.
6. When the cycle is over, gently lay your Silc® pillowcase on a clean, white towel. Roll up the towel to remove excess water. Hang up the pillowcase to air-dry or simply dry flat. Do not place it direct to sunlight and do not place it in the tumble dryer.
Enjoy your beauty sleep Doll!
Silk is a natural fiber, that's why we recommend a mild detergent with neutral pH that is specially formulated for silk. This will help maintain the integrity of your fabric with every wash.
Washing in a solution that is either too acidic or too alkaline will cause those fibers to harden in a single wash. If you can't find a detergent that specifies the pH level then just go for one that specifies silk.
Along with harsh detergents, you should avoid using bleach, fabric softener, or any type of optical brightener.
Gently lay your Silc® pillowcase on a clean, white towel. Roll up the towel to remove excess water. Hang up the pillowcase to air-dry or simply dry flat. Avoid using clips to hang it, as the clips will imprint on the fabric. Do not place it direct to sunlight and do not place it in the tumble dryer.
All silk products wrinkle after washing, but the threads will start to relax and straighten after a few nights' use. You can iron your Silc® pillowcase inside-out on the lowest heat setting or you can gently steam it to remove wrinkles and bring back the luster of the material. Place a pressing cloth or a clean piece of fabric between the iron and your Silc® pillowcase.
Your Silc® pillowcase is also dry-cleanable but trichloroethylene should never be used.
If you have a stain on your Silc® pillowcase, before hand washing/ machine washing, apply a few drops of mild laundry detergent (pH-neutral) directly to the stain. Using your finger, gently massage the detergent into the fabric. Let the detergent work on the area for at least 15 minutes.
Do not use bleach on your Silc® pillowcase, as the harsh chemicals will destroy the fibers.